Longino Hall

Departmental Dorms
Corner of Avenue J and Bowers Boulevard
Map | News | ID#: 0120

Timeline

1956 Constructed
Unit C Tex-41-CH-31 [1,2]
2000 Demolished

Namesake

William Longino

Architect

Unknown

Contractor(s)

Unknown

Departmental Dorms

Longino Hall and the other original eight Departmental Dorms (c.1970).


Departmental Dorms

Longino Hall and the other remaining four Departmental Dorms (c.1997).


Sources

[1] Minutes from the Board of Regents (Feb. 28, 1958)
[2] SHSC Revenue Bond Buildings (c.1965)

Longino Hall was one of nine dormitory units in the Departmental Dorm complex, located at the northeastern corner of Avenue J and 20th Street.

The three-story residence was classified as the foreign language dorm, or building C. The dorm maintained a cafeteria for many years, and later was home to nomadic university offices that were shifted around campus - notably Housing Maintenance (c. 1993) and Residence Life (c. 1997).

It was demolished to make way for AB4.


comments powered by Disqus
Presented 2003-2015 | buildingshsu is an independent website and not affiliated with sam houston state university.