Rupert Hall

Departmental Dorms
Corner of Avenue J and Bowers Boulevard
Map | News | ID#: 0121

Timeline

1957 Constructed
Unit D (D-1) Tex-41-CH-31 [1,2]
1982 Demolished

Namesake

Lewis Rupert

Architect

Unknown

Contractor(s)

Unknown

Departmental Dorms

Rupert Hall and the other original eight Departmental Dorms (c.1970).


Sources

[1] Minutes from the Board of Regents (Feb. 28, 1958)
[2] SHSC Revenue Bond Buildings (c.1965)

Rupert Hall was one of nine dormitory units in the Departmental Dorm complex, located at the northeastern corner of Avenue J and 20th Street.

The two-story residence was classified as the business dorm, or building D. It was demolished to make way for the General Purpose Classroom (GPC) Building.


comments powered by Disqus
Presented 2003-2015 | buildingshsu is an independent website and not affiliated with sam houston state university.