Fine Art Lab (Studio II)
The building referred to as the Fine Arts Lab was located on the north side of campus along Avenue J.
The Sowell family moved to the house near the corner of Avenue J and Sixteenth Street in 1944. Their neighbors were the Smith sisters, whose house was later replaced by St. Stephen's Episcopal Church. Shortly thereafter rooms on the second story of the Sowell House were rented out to male students in attendance at SHSTC .
In 1967 the Art Department began using the structure for life drawing and painting classes. Also known as Studio II, the Fine Arts Lab was used for three years - a time when the deparment utilized other near-campus buildings such as the Fine Arts Main Studio.
The building was demolished by the early 1980s.
comments powered by Disqus