Garrett Teacher Education Center
1908 Bobby K Marks Drive
Map | News | ID#: 0047
||First floor renovated
||Board of Regents approve renaming to Garrett TEC
|Aug. 6, 2010
Rapp, Tackett, Fash, Inc.
Fleetwood Construction Co., Inc.
The decade before the eastern edge of the campus was built.
The eastern side (or rear entrance - you decide) of the TEC.
The dedication plaque inside the building's entrance.
A second dedication plaque was added to the walls inside the western entrance to commemorate the building's renaming in honor of the Garretts.
Outside signage was updated in 2010 to reflect the naming of this buiding in honor of the Garretts.
The Garrett Teacher Education Center is on the east side of campus between the Gresham Library and Johnson Coliseum.
Teaching and education classrooms moved to this location in the late-1970s from the Education Building constructed on the historical quadrangle.
The 87,000 square-foot facility is the flagship building for the College of Education (COE), housing faculty and staff offices, labs, and classrooms. It is adjoined to the south by the Counseling Education Center.
comments powered by