Jackson-Shaver Hall

1201 17th Street
Map | News | ID#:

Timeline

1939 Jackson Hall constructed
1945 Shaver Hall constructed
2003-04 Interior renovated

Namesake

Andrew Jackson
Charles Shaver

Architect

Unknown

Contractor(s)

Unknown

A photo from the 1930 - when Sam Houston Avenue was known as Avenue L and it wasn’t so busy.


The opening dedication ceremony of Jackson Hall, as shown in the 1940 Alcalde.


Jackson meets Shaver – two men from different centuries forever bound by the bricks of this building.


Sources

Vision Realized, Mary Estill, 1970
Jackson-Shaver Hall is west of the main campus on Sam Houston Avenue.


comments powered by Disqus
Presented 2003-2015 | buildingshsu is an independent website and not affiliated with sam houston state university.