Industrial Technology Metals Lab

Industrial Technology Metals Lab
Avenue M
Map | News | ID#: 0034

Timeline

1944 Constructed
c.2002 Demolished [1]

Namesake

Architect

Contractor(s)


Industrial Education Laboratory

An aerial from the 1950s shows the Agriculture Farm Shop, the Wood Lab, and the (roof of the) Metals Lab that existed southwest of the main campus.


Sources

[1] - Regents Approve SHSU Projects (2002)
[2] - Interview with Bobby Lane (2009)

The Industrial Technology Metals Lab was a structure southwest of main campus at the corner of Avenue M and 22nd Street. It was originally one of four structures built for the Josey School of Vocational Education, a post-WWII program initiated by the university.

The building - also identified on campus maps simply as Metals Lab or Metal Shop - was a Quonset hut used for metalworking projects; it reportedly was brought to Huntsville from Brownswood [2].

It was demolished in the early 2000s; its functional successor was the Industrial Technology Building, located west of the razed property. The WASH Building was constructed at this site in 2010.


comments powered by Disqus
Presented 2003-2015 | buildingshsu is an independent website and not affiliated with sam houston state university.