Sports Practice Facility

Sports Practice Facility
Avenue M
Map | News | ID#: 0030

Timeline

1945 Constructed as Auto Shop
19xx Repurposed as Sports Practice Facility
c.2002 Demolished [1]

Namesake

None

Architect

Unknown

Contractor(s)

Unknown

Sources

[1] - Regents Approve $40 Million for New Buildings, 2002

The Sports Practice Facility was a structure southwest of main campus at the corner of Avenue M and 22nd Street.

The structure was originally constructed as an Auto Shop, one of four structures that was part of the Josey School of Vocational Education, a post-WWII program initiated by the university.

In the late-1980s/early-1990s the building was repurposed as an indoor sports practice facility. The building had nets strung-up inside and contained other equipment to allow the men's baseball team to practice here and play at nearby Holleman Field.

Due to age and needs, the building was demolished in 2002. A new sports practice facility was constructed in 2005 alongside Sanders Baseball Stadium and the Bearkat Softball Complex.


comments powered by Disqus
Presented 2003-2015 | buildingshsu is an independent website and not affiliated with sam houston state university.