Memorial Museum

1836 Sam Houston Avenue
Map | News | ID#:

Timeline

1936 Constructed
1958 Addition of north and west wings
1962 Addition of south wing

Namesake

Sam Houston

Architect

Harry D. Payne

Contractor(s)

E.B. Snead - Construction Contractor
C.F. Adickes - Mechanical Contractor



Sources


The main hall of the Sam Houston Memorial Museum is the entrance to the museum grounds.

The overall museum complex is situated on eighteen acres of the original farm of over 200 acres once owned by Sam Houston and his family from 1847 until 1858.

The rotunda is the home of the permanent collections and exhibits of the life of Sam Houston.


comments powered by Disqus
Presented 2003-2015 | buildingshsu is an independent website and not affiliated with sam houston state university.