1001 16th Street
Map | News | ID#:
Unit H (W-2) Tex-41-CH-69 [1,2]
||Sigma Theta chapter founded
||Renamed Chi Omega House
||Chi Omega relocates to Sorority Hill
|May 20, 2009
Nancy Ann Allen Mitchell
A photograph from late summer 2009 after the two small houses have been removed.
 Minutes from the Board of Regents; February 28, 1958
 SHSC Revenue Bond Buildings (c.1965)
Mitchell House was a student residence located at the southeastern corner of the intersection of University Avenue and 16th Street, facing north.
Residence Life classified the two-story small house as a part of the "King/Lawrence/Mitchell" family of housing.
This was the original home of the Sigma Theta chapter of Chi Omega sorority prior to being relocated to a house on Sorority Hill.
It was announced in October 2008 that both Lawrence and Mitchell houses would be razed to make way for a new dining facility. Both buildings were demolished in Summer 2009.
comments powered by