ROTC Ordinance and Supply Building
Map | News | ID#:
||Repurposed for ROTC storage
The 1940 Alcalde shows the two-year-old Sam Houston Hospital.
A view of the eatern side of the ROTC building.
A view of the rear-entrance of the ROTC building with a snippet of the small houses in the background.
 Alcalde, 1940
The Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) Ordinance and Supply headquarters sat west of main campus on 17th Street between Adams Hall and the small houses of Four West.
The building was originally the Sam Houston Hospital, described in the 1940 Alcalde as a "beautiful and well-equipped hospital, operated by a capable physician and nurses" . Student health services later moved to the University Health Center with this building eventually being turned over to the ROTC.
It was demolished in the mid-1980s and converted into a parking lot.
comments powered by