West Power Plant

1831 University Avenue
Map | News | ID#:

Timeline

1915
1959 Renovated
1971 Renovated
1975-76 Renovated

Namesake

None

Architect

Unknown

Contractor(s)

Unknown

The heating plant originally had a chimney.


In the early years of campus, the power plant provided heating for the quadrangle.


Sources

Vision Realized, Mary Estill, 1970

The West Power Plant is located along Sam Houston Avenue between the Thomason Building and Sam Houston Museum complex.

Another power plant sits on the eastern side of the campus.


comments powered by Disqus
Presented 2003-2015 | buildingshsu is an independent website and not affiliated with sam houston state university.