Unit J Tex-41-CH-69 [1,2]
Timewarp mural painted
Jan. 4, 1993:
Adams Hall was a three-story, all-male student residence located near the intersection of Avenue M and 17th Street, west of main campus.
It had an occupancy of close to 160 students.
In 1980 SHSU art professor and Huntsville artist Stanley Lea began painting the abstract mural "Timewarp" on the building's northern side.
The dormitory was later closed after university officials discovered cracks in the foundation, corrosion of steel-framing around windows and doors, and other structural damages. While the majority of the building would be demolished there was an effort to save the mural: it would either be left standing or possibly relocated to a different site; however that was not to be and the mural came down with the building.
The name Adams appears to have been transferred to an un-named student residence following the demolition.
Sources Minutes from the Board of Regents; February 28, 1958
 SHSC Revenue Bond Buildings (c.1965)
Houstonian (Jan. 14, 1993)
Houstonian (Feb. 2, 1993)
Interview with Stan Lea (2004)