King/Lawrence/Mitchell

Three East

Timeline

1960 Constructed
Aug. 2009 Demolished


Four West

An aerial photograph from 1954 shows the area north of Belvin-Buchanan Hall still occupied by houses, yards, and trees.


Four West

Within a few years, the remainder of the block was leveled in preparation for construction of Lawrence and Mitchell houses.


Four West

A photograph of the two houses taken across the parking lot from King Hall.


Four West

An aerial photograph of the two northern-most small houses.


The two small houses located at the southeast corner of University Avenue and 16th Street were:

The Department of Residence Life had no special designation for these houses except to incorporate residents of nearby King Hall into what was referred to as the "King/Lawrence/Mitchell" family of housing.

The small houses were demolished in 2009.

Presented 2003-2015 | buildingshsu is an independent website and not affiliated with sam houston state university.