Named Bearkat Den, served as residence
Bearkat Den was a two-story frame residence at the southwest corner of Avenue J and Sixteenth Street that housed some (but not all) of the scholarship football players.
According to another source, the Caballeros, a men's social group that later became the Epsilon Psi chapter of Sigma Chi fraternity, leased a new home for its 17 members located at 1603 Avenue O that had "formerly been the Bearkat Den" .
It is unclear how the two houses, separated by six city blocks, were related other than possibly sharing a similar name.
The name Bearkat Den was later applied to Men's Gym.
An aerial photograph from the mid-1950s shows the northern wing of Elliott Hall and two residences - the northernmost one being Bearkat Den - alongside Avenue J.
Sources Thomas Davis (2012)
 "The Caballero Years" (1997)