Corn crib constructed.
Tree of Lights tradition begins.
Campus Cafeteria constructed.
Stephen F. Austin State Teachers College founded in Nacogdoches.
SHNI athletics join the Texas Intercollegiate Athletic Association (TIAA) (until 1931).
The 38th Legislature changes the state's Normal Schools to State Teachers Colleges; Sam Houston Normal Institute becomes Sam Houston State Teachers College (until 1965). The State Normal School Board of Regents is changed to Board of Regents, State Teachers Colleges.
Athletic teams are nick-named "the Bearkats."
Men's Gymnasium constructed.
Orange and white settled upon as school colors.
SHSU 50th Anniversary.
Estill Building completed.
Sam Houston Kitchen constructed.